Praja Hakku

PRAJA HAKKU

The Journalism of Outrage

Development

₹264 crore an acre at Raidurg — about 51 percent over reserve. The next 5.38 acres sit for 28 August.

₹264 crore an acre at Raidurg — about 51 percent over reserve. The next 5.38 acres sit for 28 August.

Friday’s hammer at Raidurg wrote a new per-acre number for government land. TGIIC e-auctioned Plot P1. 5.25 acres in survey No. 83 sold at ₹264 crore an acre. That was about 51 percent — 50.9 percent on the other locked count — above the ₹175 crore-an-acre reserve. The lot brought ₹1,386 crore to the government.

Hyderabad firm MSN Realty was the highest bidder. The sale ran as an MSTC e-auction. JLL was the transaction adviser. TGIIC Vice-Chairman and Managing Director K. Shashanka said the result showed developer confidence in Telangana. Confidence is his word. ₹264 crore an acre is the hammer. This desk will keep the quote as a corporation line, not as a finding that every acre in Hyderabad now clears that rate.

The previous TGIIC Raidurg auction, on 28 May, fetched ₹237 crore an acre on 6.29 acres and brought ₹1,490.73 crore. The per-acre price has risen ₹27 crore in three months. May’s larger parcel still made more money in total — ₹1,490.73 crore against Friday’s ₹1,386 crore — because 6.29 acres is not 5.25 acres. Per-acre rose. The gross is a smaller plot.

Five or six firms bid. Five or six is the hedge on the card. This desk will not invent a sixth name or a losing bid. MSN Realty is the only bidder named.

The next TGIIC e-auction of another 5.38 acres at Raidurg is on 28 August. The High Court had already been asked to stay the Raidurg e-auctions scheduled 21 and 28 August. It declined. Friday’s sale therefore ran after a refused stay.

Petitioners Ramadevi and others claimed 11.12 acres in Survey No. 83/1 and 83/Part. They alleged bulldozer removal of boundaries. The court said they had not shown pending LRT proceedings after the Supreme Court judgment of 7 May last year. The state and TGIIC told the bench this auction is undisputed government land, not the litigated 53-acre parcel. Those are the parties’ lines and the court’s reason for refusing a stay. They are not a title decree printed on this page. This desk will not write that Ramadevi has lost the land. It will not write that the 53-acre parcel has been auctioned. The locked distinction is the one the state drew: this plot, not that parcel.

A separate writ by Dr Ravindranath on P1 and P2 heritage and rock-buffer claims was posted after two weeks. Additional Advocate-General Tera Rajanikanth Reddy said the plots were outside the 50-metre buffer. Posted after two weeks is a listing, not a dismissal. Outside the buffer is the government’s sentence, not a heritage finding this desk will treat as final.

An industry-association explanation on the card says unlimited floor-space index outside special restricted zones is why Hyderabad land is attracting record bids. That is an industry-association explanation. It is not a government order. This desk will not print a new FSI GO that is not on the file.

What is not here is a losing-bid table, a second named bidder, a court order transferring Ramadevi’s claimed 11.12 acres, or a measured rock-buffer map. What is here is Plot P1, 5.25 acres, survey No. 83, reserve ₹175 crore an acre, hammer ₹264 crore an acre, about 51 percent / 50.9 percent over reserve, ₹1,386 crore to the government, MSN Realty, MSTC, JLL, Shashanka’s confidence line, a May 28 precedent of 6.29 acres at ₹237 crore an acre for ₹1,490.73 crore, a ₹27 crore-an-acre rise in three months, five or six bids, a 5.38-acre lot on 28 August, and a High Court that would not stay 21 and 28 August.

₹264 crore is the number Raidurg will repeat. 28 August is the date the second lot still has to clear. Until that second lot is sold, Friday is one plot, one bidder, one refused stay.